Applications for the 2024 Scholarship are currently closed.
The Nottingham Roosevelt Memorial Travelling Scholarship is open to anyone who is:
- Aged between 21-35 on 1st September of the scholarship year
- Live and/or work in either Nottingham or Nottinghamshire
- Be in employment or self-employed (any sector)
- Able to travel to the USA in the year of selection to complete their project
- Able and willing to support the continued development of the scholarship on their return
There are 3 stages to the application process.
Applications for the 2025 scholarship will open in December 2024.
- Submit application
(if you have any additional needs and require support completing your application or want to submit you application in video or audio format, please get in touch)
- Successful applicants will be invited for an initial interview at a Nottingham City Centre location
- Final interviews will take place at County Hall, West Bridgford. This will involve a presentation to the scholarship’s board of trustees.
Making a successful application
We look to appoint scholars who will represent themselves, Nottinghamshire and their chosen interests in the best possible light. Successful applicants will also have a strong affinity for Nottinghamshire, clear knowledge of their chosen field and a variety of other interests which they can readily talk about.
The application and the interview are the applicant’s opportunity to demonstrate that they would make a good NRMTS scholar. Whilst it is not possible to fully plan a trip before being appointed, applicants will benefit from showing how they plan to spend their time in America. They should also give thought to the practicalities of such a trip and consider potential impacts on their life and work, their close family and what will happen on their return.
For hints and tips on how to approach the application question, see our guidance document below or watch the recording from our information session.
Applications for the 2024 Scholarship closed on 2nd February 2024.